By default Stripe will fail charges that don't pass CVC and Zip code verification. You can turn this off by logging into your Stripe Dashboard.
- Start here www.stripe.com
- Click 'Open Dashboard' in top right
- If you don't know your stripe login, use the forgot password feature to recover it.
- Go to Stripe 'Account Settings' by accessing from dropdown in top right (your company name)
- On the 1st 'General' tab uncheck the 'Decline' setting checkboxes then hit done.
Now Stripe won't decline charges that fail this.
The persons bank may still overwrite this and fail charges because of incorrect CVC or Zip, typically they don't but in some circumstances they will.